Published Liturgy Services + More:
Liturgy is an act of developing the voice--developing the voice of God's people to tell God's ancient, Biblical story; developing our voice as a community to hear ourselves say, out loud, how God's story is our story of prophetic witness.
I write for the same reasons--to develop my own voice, to articulate how liturgy can be bold, prophetic, and ancient all at the same time. I write to hear myself. I write to build my own resiliency and witness to the Ways of God. I write to keep my voice from being reluctant to social change. I write as a discipline, to keep myself from being trapped in the ways of boring-ass liturgy, to remind myself of liturgical experiences that have been life-giving.
We need to share the stories of prophetic liturgy in order to shore each other up and inspire each other in the on-going work of prophetic Christian witness on a broken planet.
Here are some of my writings about all things liturgy:
Recent ONLINE ARTICLES:
- What Improv Has to Offer. The Improvisational Therapist.
- What Pisses Ashley Off About Liturgy. The YoRocko Podcast.
- It's Not Just You: Ashley Goff, Pastor, Church of the Pilgrims. The Improvisational Therapist.
- Go Ahead, Cry in Church. The Improvisational Therapist.
- Book Reviews and such. Presbyterian Outlook.
- Change Rooted in Relationships. Next Church.
- One Church, Many Voices. Podcast interview with Rocky Supinger for Presbyterians Today.
- On the Road Again. Podcast interview with Casey Fitzgerald of Story Divine.
- Blogs We Love on Progressive Christianity
- Good Friday Blog on Garbage, Jesus, and Eco-feminism on Presbyterians for Earth Care
- The Art of Worship Planning on Alban at Duke Divinity
- Congregations Turn to Compost for Lessons on Life, Death and the Environment. Religion News Service.
- Beekeeping for Congregational Life, Church Health Reader.
- Faith Leaders Testify at EPA Hearings on Huffington Post.
- Pilgrims Food and Faith on PCUSA.com
- Tranquility Du Jour #322: Feminine Spirituality on KimberlyWilson.com